Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Going to Experiment Today

I need to get some of my writing out there. The goal is to attract more traffic to my hubpage and my blog. Salem is a big touristy area and there are always people reading the ads and such that are posted all over town.

So I'll be printing out the profile page from my hub and posting it along with the address in as many public areas as possible. It might be worth it if score even one or two regular readers. On the other hand it may just turn me into a thorn in everyone's side, but you have to work with what you have.

By the way, if you're ever in a homeless shelter, keep one simple rule in mind: The Staff Are Gods.

This can never be truer than when you have no job and all you do is sit around the shelter day in and day out. If you are physically disabled and all you can do is sit there and read and eat, then you are in no position to debate it when a staff member asks you to do something.

You can complain, certainly. Complaining is a right, not a privilege. But understand that your complaints have absolutely no grounding here. If you are removed from the shelter and you refuse to leave, the police can be called and the police will always take the side of the shelter staff over you.

This is something I would love to say that I can help to improve with The Morlock's Voice, but if I did you'd miss the point. The Morlock's Voice isn't aimed at improving life in the shelters. It's aimed at getting people the fuck out of there and back on their own two feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment