Saturday, April 16, 2011

Phone is running out of minutes tomorrow

You never appreciate the invention of the cellphone until you've gone a week without being able to call anyone. Oh, it tells you when you have voicemail. And the voicemail is a pain to get into from any other phone.

But my biggest challenge is this. 1: If I do manage to land a job interview and they are interested in hiring me, they have no way of getting a hold of me. 2: I could give them the shelter number, but having a homeless shelter for a contact number is a crapsshoot.

The staff who pick up immediately announce where you're calling. And if the people I'm trying to work for have a problem with Lifebridge, or have a bad impression of the people who live there, that can kill your chances for getting the job. Also, the staff at Lifebridge can take a message, but even if I'm standing right there in front of them, they cannot tell you I'm there. This is supposedly for your "protection", and I could see if it was an abusive boyfriend trying to verify where his girlfriend was at. But in the case of absolutely needing to maintain a constant line of communication with someone, that's where things get tricky.

Projects in the works: The Morlock's Voice is mostly a pipe dream right now.
                                  Putting together a collection of tales that I could try to sell online through Kindle.
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment